Geldermann College Consulting
Navigating the college admissions maze can be confusing and overwhelming!
At Geldermann College Consulting, we are here to demystify the process for you!
Geldermann College Consulting is an independent educational consulting practice that specializes in guiding students and their families through the college admissions process. At Geldermann College Consulting, “finding the fit” goes well beyond college rankings. We believe that no two students are alike; through a comprehensive assessment and journey of self-discovery, we strive to understand the unique qualities of each student, their interests and passions, and what makes them “tick”! Using the right balance of nurturer and taskmaster, we encourage students to take ownership of the process, ultimately giving them the tools to choose a list of schools that suit their academic and extracurricular interests, and meet their long-term goals. This is accomplished through step-by-step guidelines, where expectations are outlined to the students and their parents. From the initial assessment and creation of the college list to essay brainstorming and application completion, communication is emphasized, so that the entire process is easier, less stressful, and exciting!
Why Geldermann College Consulting?
- With an MBA from Northwestern’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management in Marketing and over 15 years of experience in the business/marketing world, Carolyn Geldermann has the ability to determine the strengths of each individual and effectively highlight those assets in the application, and throughout the entire college admissions process.
- Carolyn is the mother of four unique children, who attended four unique colleges! Their college search process alone put Carolyn on over 50 college campuses. Carolyn has since visited over 100 schools nationwide, devoting over 20% of her time visiting colleges and meeting admissions representatives and students.
- Carolyn is a member of the Northwestern University Alumni Admissions Council, where she has conducted interviews with prospective students and worked college fairs. Being on the council has given Carolyn an insider’s perspective of what a highly selective school is seeking.
- With an Independent Educational Consulting Certificate from University of California Irvine, Carolyn has completed an intensive curriculum of the college admissions process, with the specialization to meet the varied needs of students, including learning differences, transfers, gap years, summer programs, financial aid and scholarships.
- With the ever-changing college admissions landscape, Carolyn attends numerous professional conferences, webinars, and seminars to stay abreast of current trends. Carolyn is a member of three professional organizations, each providing continuing education, as well as networking resources and tools.
- Geldermann College Consulting maintains a small client base, in order to ensure optimal personalized attention to students and their families.
550 Hathaway Circle,
Lake Forest, IL 60045