Why hire an Independent Educational Consultant?
DID YOU KNOW?
- On average, public high school students receive 38 minutes of college counseling over the course of four years.
- In public schools, there is a ratio of 476 students per 1 counselor!
- One-third of all college students at 4-year universities drop out or transfer?
WORKING WITH AN IEC….
- Students working with an IEC get more personalized attention, and can meet with their IEC on weekends and evenings.
- Students working with an IEC are FOUR TIMES more likely to attend a private, non-profit college and THREE TIMES more likely to attend college out-of-state.
- The average student switches majors 4 times and takes 6 years to graduate. With an IEC, ensuring a good match means graduating in 4 years…which ultimately saves you money!
- Students and their families working with an IEC are less stressed about the college admissions process.
- IECs that are members of professional associations are required to visit 25 colleges annually, and attend conferences and workshops to maintain their professional affiliation.
- IEC’s are bound by strict ethical standards within their governing body.
12 Questions you Should Ask before Hiring an IEC
Mrs. G. helped me so much throughout my college process. I have to say she was truly there for me every step of the way from editing my essays, to helping me find what I wanted in a college. She is so nice and will work so hard to find the best school for you.
Carolyn spent countless hours talking with our son to explore his interests, understand his personality, his strengths, weaknesses and most importantly his goals. Gathering this crucial information helped Carolyn develop a list (with our son) of colleges and universities to apply to. Based on the admission decisions & merit scholarships he has received, Carolyn was precise with her recommendations.